Tuesday, August 5, 2008

venue challenges

Balancing recovery, life and wedding planning is a challenge.

The most beautiful thing to happen since my big life restart was my angel of a boyfriend proposing to me. For about a month we managed to simply bask in newly engaged bliss. Then the inevitable questions starting coming - when, where, how big? And so the planning began.

As I recently received a lengthy lecture on having challenges and not problems from the afore mentioned angel I will refrain from referring to the venue "issue" as problem. We have a venue challenge. I'm approaching the search from an emotional angle - will we be comfortable, will we be happy, will our friends be at ease. He's producing a show - will it look beautiful, will it photograph well. And of course it still needs to be in budget. So our venue challenge in a nut shell: we're looking for a intimate all in one venue, with stunning views, photographic backdrops, casual outdoor dining, honeymoon suit, delightful staff, wheelchair access and preferably a jacuzzi....all within a not exactly large budget.

So I know what you're thinking: Girl lives in Cape Town - How hard can it be, most beautiful city in world? I was fooled too. It's not the lack of venues, its the nownow, ja well no maybe attitude to rates inquiries thats driving me nuts. On most days I adore the laid back Cape Town vibe, it's one of the many reasons I've stayed while all my friends have abandoned ship for the lures London, but not when I'm asking for a f*ing quote!

As I write this I hear the little voice in my head going "life on life's terms" "everything for a reason" "accept the things you can not change" and I have to smile and be grateful that I'm planning this now and not a year ago. I do not control the universe. A fact a frequently like to forget and then find myself in a rage when the universe is not cooperating with my plans. So fuck those who don't reply! (I mean let it go *grins* ) They're not meant for us and the perfect match to our challenge is out there. All in good time we'll find it.

No comments: